Please join us for GIS Day at Rowan College at Burlington County (formerly GIS Day at Burlington County College) on Thursday, November 5th, from 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Once again, MAGTUG is joining the festivities in celebration of GIS Day. This is a FREE event consisting of a morning of speaker presentations and an afternoon featuring a MAGTUG seminar on stormwater mapping, an opportunity to visit Palmyra Nature Cove’s Mobile Geoscience and Remote Sensing Lab, a hands-on GPS field activity, and self-paced GIS lab exercises. While there don’t forget to visit the Map Gallery.
Morning presentation topics will include:
- Historic Preservation Master Plan Updating
- Balloon Imagery for Assessing Wetlands
- Tree Inventory Using ArcGIS Online
- Observing the Earth and Visualizing the Future
MAGTUG’s afternoon seminar agenda:
- 1:30- Introduction
- 1:45- Mapping Being Considered for Draft Municipal Stormwater Regulation Program, Kyra Hoffman, NJDEP
- 2:30- Using GIS to Support Stormwater GIS Development, Jon Sinker, JMT Technology Group
- 3:15- Hamilton Twp, NJ Stormwater Control Maintenance System Using GIS, Simon Lewis, McMahon & Associates, GIS Applications to Stormwater Management for Local Municipalities in the Pittsburgh, PA Area, Brian Berdel, McMahon & Associates
CLICK HERE for registration, event information, and directions. Seating is limited and registration is required. Rowan College at Burlington County is located at 3331 Route 38, Mount Laurel, NJ.
On behalf of the GIS Day at RCBC planning committee members, Rowan College at Burlington County, and MAGTUG, we hope to see you there!